Subscribe to our Newsletter

What's the Secret to Selling Homes in Chicago?




Today I want to talk about the importance of staging your home when you sell it in Chicago. It's a very easy way to maximize your sale price in Chicago.

I had a 3 bedroom duplex property in Humboldt Park, and the owner paid $1,500 to have it staged. This included consultation and the design elements such as the furniture. This particular client was even staying there while it was staged, and he said that the stagers were very courteous and stayed out of the way as much as possible.

As you can see, the staging really makes the unit pop, and the buyers commented on the design elements. This leads me to believe that it played a significant role in their decision to purchase the property.

So, what was the return on the investment?


Well, a similar duplex nearby sold for $335,000, but my client's apartment managed to sell for $362,500. That's a difference of nearly $28,000. My property sold for 94% of the list price.

My client spent $1,500 and got $28,000 back. I'd say that's an investment worth making!

If you want to get the listing or staging process started, please don't hesitate to contact me! I know a wonderful stager and would be happy to put you in contact.

I look forward to speaking with you!

No comments :

Post a Comment